Read Carolina Retreats' President, Mike Harrington's Open Letter detailing the latest update on how we are handling our vacationer inquiries.
Topsail Island: For the month of May, our Topsail office hours will be Monday - Saturday (9-5) and closed on Sundays.
- Surf City: The town of Surf City has announced a temporary discontinuation of all short-term rentals, until May 8th, 2020. For complete information, please visit their website, HERE
The Surf City Town Council is asking all residents and property owners to respect and follow all travel restrictions and guidelines per Governor Cooper’s Executive Order No. 121, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and to stay at your primary place of residence until further guidance is provided and it is deemed safe by our state leaders. View full press release HERE
- Topsail Beach: The town of Topsail Beach has announced a temporary discontinuation of all short-term rentals, until May 9th, 2020. For complete information, please visit their website, HERE
- In response to Govenor Cooper's Executive Order 121 Mayor Steve Smith asks Topsail Beach homeowners to be mindful of "Essential Travel" restrictions and the "Stay ay Home" order. Read his complete statement, HERE
- North Topsail Beach: The town of North Topsail Beach has announced a restriction to all short-term rentals until May 8th. For complete information, please visit their website, HERE
Pleasure Island : For the month of May, our Carolina Beach office hours will be Monday - Saturday (9-5) and closed on Sundays.
- Carolina Beach: The town of Carolina Beach has announced a restriction to all short-term rentals until May 8th. For complete information, please visit their website, HERE
- Kure Beach: The town of Kure Beach has announced a restriction to all short-term rentals until May 15th. For complete information, please visit their website, HERE
New Hanover County: On Friday, March 27, Governor Roy Cooper signed a Stay at Home Executive Order for the entire state of North Carolina, beginning at 5 p.m. on Monday, March 30. New Hanover County’s order, which can be viewed in full here, will take effect Monday, March 30 at 5 p.m.
New Hanover County’s additional restrictions incorporate the Governor’s Order, and also include the following closures for at least 14 days, beginning Monday, March 30:
- Closure of playgrounds, team sport facilities, and public gardens.
- Closure of specific merchants, specifically: auto dealerships, boat dealerships and other motor vehicle sales points (not including repair or maintenance services), hotels, motels, and short-term lodging.
- Closure of inside carry-out food service that requires the customer to enter the interior of the merchant’s facility. Delivery, drive-through and curb-side food service is allowed.
We will continue to monitor each town and provide updates upon any changes.
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
New Reservations: We are still accepting reservations for future bookings, outside of this timeframe. If any future booking is impacted by temporary travel restrictions, the rescheduling and cancellation policies below will apply.
- Topsail Island
- Topsail Beach: no new reservations are being accepted with arrivals between now through May 9th.
- Surf City: no new reservations are being accepted with arrivals between now through May 8th.
- North Topsail Beach: no new reservations are being accepted with arrivals between now through May 8th.
- Pleasure Island
- Carolina Beach: no new reservations are being accepted with arrivals between now through May 8.
- Kure Beach: no new reservations are being accepted with arrivals between now through May 15th.
Current Reservations through May 8th (15th for Kure Beach): As these are temporary restrictions, you may reschedule your stay to a comparable date within the next 12 months, and your deposit will be credited to the new reservation, without penalty. This applies to the same property in a comparable time period. If the seasonal rental rate is higher than your original rental rate, your balance payment will reflect the difference. Balance payments will not be due until 30 days prior to your arrival.
If you wish to cancel your stay, please email our office so we may go over your best options. Please note, as this is a very fluid situation and restrictions are temporary, we will be working week to week with guests that are immediately impacted based on their scheduled arrival date.
Reservations beginning after May 8th(15th for Kure Beach): We ask that you wait until making any decisions on your upcoming plans so we may deal with guests that have the most immediate needs. As more information becomes available, we will update our communications accordingly. Our hope is that we will be able to host you soon.
Guests may also email their questions or cancellation requests:
CONFIDENCE IN OUR CARE
Providing a safe and clean home for our guests is always a top priority for Carolina Retreats. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness, and want you to feel at ease while on vacation, knowing you’ll experience a sanitized, clean, and disinfected home to enjoy. Additional measures have been enacted to add items to our cleaning check-lists. This may add some additional time for our housekeeping team to complete on turnover day; but will be worth it. Our professional housekeeping members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches.
PROFESSIONAL LINEN FACILITY
All of our linens and towels are washed, dried, and handled in-house, offsite at our own 3000 sq. ft. cleaning facility. Every unwashed linen are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the strongest hygiene practices at all times. By strictly utilizing these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
WE ARE HERE TO ASSIST YOU
We are acutely monitoring this ever-evolving situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We understand the uncertainty of it all. However, our area continues to be a low-risk area. Our Vacation Specialists are here to help you and answer any questions you may have regarding your reservation. Please feel free to call 844-567-9779 or email at email@example.com for assistance.
TRAVEL INSURANCE INFORMATION
Please review the terms of your policy carefully if you purchased travel insurance. If you need to make a claim or have questions about how your existing policy will cover you, please reach out to Red Sky Insurance at 866-889-7409 or visit their website online. Make sure you know your policy number before the call.
STAY CALM AND BE PREPARED
Get your information from reliable and accurate sources such as:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/
- Town of Surf City, NC: http://www.surfcitync.gov/
- Town of North Topsail Beach, NC: https://www.ntbnc.org/
- Town of Topsail Beach NC: http://www.topsailbeach.org/
- Town of Carolina Beach, NC: https://www.carolinabeach.org/
- Town of Kure Beach, NC: https://www.townofkurebeach.org/