1013 S. Ft. Fisher Blvd., Kure Beach NC 28449 Rents Saturday to Saturday for weekly stays.
DISCLAIMER: Beach Nourishment scheduled Mid Feb - May 1st, 2022Homes may have limited beach access, please call the office for more details.
The Little Kahuna is a spacious beautiful 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, single family home located in the Fort Fisher area of Kure Beach close to Fort Fisher Historic Site and The NC Aquarium. Splendid views from the covered oceanfront deck. Custom kitchen cabinets, granite countertops, window treatments, high efficiency washer & dryer, private beach access and much more!! Open living/dining/kitchen area to relax, enjoy the tv or just family and friends. Master bedroom w king, flat screen tv and bath, plus 2nd bedroom w queen. Your small dog (20 pound limit) is welcome with payment of a non-refundable pet fee, subject to restrictions. If you are choosing a pet friendly property, dogs are only allowed on the beach strand during the winter months. Maximum occupancy 4 and parking for maximum 3 cars. NO PARKING IS ALLOWED ON ANY GRASS AREA, SAND OR THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO REMOVE THEM. Smoking is not permitted.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bath Max Occupancy: 4 Bed Sizes: 1 King, 1 Queen The Bedding and Bath Linen Package for advertised bedrooms and baths are provided with freshly laundered, shrink-wrapped, linens with no-contact after laundering your safety: • Bed linen set for each advertised bedroom • Bath towel and washcloth set for maximum occupancy • Bathroom set including hand towel and bath mat No Elevator Central Heating and air, ceiling fans, dishwasher, washer/dryer Cable TV Wireless Internet Deck Oceanfront Grilling Permitted, Grill Provided No Smoking 1 pet allowed, 20lb weight limit Every effort is made to ensure that all information and photographs in Carolina Retreats’ advertising are accurate and complete. Rate information for properties is subject to change and the quote provided online is only valid at the time of booking. Carolina Retreats cannot be held responsible for possible typographical errors; omissions; price changes; changes in taxes; changes to Terms and Conditions; or changes made by vacation home owners in furnishings, equipment, or bed arrangements. Vacation homes are privately owned and changes may be made to homes or their contents. Carolina Retreats reserves the right to correct any errors.
This is a great little place. The location can't be beat in my opinion, but it most definitely needs a ton of maintenance. It is clearly not actually occupied by the owners at any point and I very much wish they had used the money from that weird, useless cocktail nook to maintain and update other parts of the house. In the end, none of the issues overshadowed the proximity to the beach enough that we wouldn't stay there again. We are already planning a trip for next year, in fact.
- The beds were extraordinarily uncomfortable
- The shower door in the master bath doesn't roll properly; you need to pick it up and drag it to close it
- I had to unclog the hallway bathroom tub since water wouldn't drain at all. It was pretty clear that it had been clogged with a ton of hair for quite a while
- The listing claims that there is an enclosed outside shower with hot water.. It's not enclosed, nor is there hot water
- The popcorn ceiling is peeling off in a number of places in the living room/kitchen
- The air vents are moldy and rusted
- The wireless controllers for the master bedroom and dining room lights/fan need to be on different channels. I would turn off the light in the dining room at night, only to find that the bedroom light had come on while my wife was asleep.
- The faucet in the hallway bathroom's tub was very loose and poorly caulked into place
- Only four bath towels are provided, so we ended up having to do the laundry very often (the washer and dryer are great, though)
- The digital display on the kitchen range is faulty, only parts of the numbers display
- The largest couch was very dirty.. It had red stains that looked like they were probably from wine being spilled on it (but I absolutely loved the chaise longue for reading at night)
- We had to move the smaller couch to block the stairs to the garage since we had a one year old with us and didn't want her falling down them. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned under the couch for months
- We saw a couple of roaches that were about 3 inches long, but only two across an entire week's trip (they could have been the same roach)
- I had to put a whole new edge on one of the kitchen knives as they were all basically square and couldn't begin to cut anything tougher than yogurt
- The drain in the driveway seems to be clogged. We had a lot of rain the first few days of the trip and it would get to be several inches deep over the drain.
- Josh G from Richmond, VA, Posted: 08/31/2020
Stayed in 2019
- Teresa C from New Franklin, Posted: 07/25/2020
Questions And Answers
Want to know specifics? Ask anything about this specific property that you would like to know... Example: “Is the Balcony screened in?” or “Is there a toaster oven?”
Want to know specifics? Ask anything in reference to vacationing at this property that you would like to know... Example: “Are fresh linens Provided?”