Are you looking for an opportunity to go parasailing near Pleasure Island, North Carolina? If so, you have probably realized that this is one of the most popular water sports in the area.
There are plenty of rentals available, particularly if you are looking for a jet ski or a fishing charter, but do not pass up on an opportunity to go parasailing during your getaway as well!
What should you expect if you are looking for an opportunity to go pleasure island parasailing during your next beach vacation? Take advantage of the breezes along the beach, and sign up for parasailing adventures during your next trip!
Consider Reaching Out To Wrightsville Parasailing Co
If you are looking for a parasailing adventure in the local area, one of the only places to check out is Wrightsville Parasailing Company. Even though Wrightsville Beach is a little bit north of Kure Beach and Carolina Beach, you will have plenty of opportunities to sell over numerous beaches during your trip! You should know that parasailing is something that is meant for people of all ages! This is a company that has worked with children as young as three years old and people as old as 82.
If you want to go parasailing, you need to time the visit right. Parasailing rides are available starting on Memorial Day and they run through the end of September. Furthermore, parasailing opportunities are typically only available on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They are also available during the week of July 4th.
What To Expect When You Go Parasailing
If you decide to go parasailing, you should expect safety to always come first. If there is ever a situation where someone’s safety might be threatened, all parasailing activities will stop immediately.
These parasailing flights are a bit longer than those offered by other companies on the Atlantic Coast or Gulf Coast. Even though a typical flight only lasts 8 minutes, you will be in the air for approximately 15 minutes with Wrightsville Parasailing Company.
Remember that safety always comes first, so if the winds exceed 14 mph or if there is a thunderstorm in the area, you will not be able to go parasailing.
If you want to go parasailing, you should be prepared to show up pretty early in the morning. The conditions tend to be better during the morning, which is why flights tend to leave at 8:15 AM, 10:30 AM, and 12:30 PM. The entire boat ride is usually approximately 90 minutes, as there will be multiple people who need to go parasailing. In addition, if you plan on flying with a small child, you can ride in tandem with them.
Safety Tips for Going Parasailing
If you decide to go parasailing, there are several important safety tips you need to follow. They include:
- Always take a look at the weather conditions before you decide to book a trip. If the weather is bad, you may need to reschedule your trip. Keep in mind that weather conditions can change quickly, but you can save a lot of hassle if you take a look at the weather ahead of time.
- Always ask if the equipment is properly maintained. Similar to other expensive pieces of equipment, routine maintenance has to be done from time to time. This is important for preventing an accident from happening.
- Take a look at reviews and ratings before you decide to choose a parasailing company. Ideally, there should be a lot of positive reviews that have been left by a lot of other people.
- Do not forget about sun safety. You need to make sure you put on sunscreen before you go parasailing. Even though you might feel a bit cool because of the wind blowing through your hair, it is still very easy for you to get sunburnt. Also, you won’t be on the boat for a little while, so you may want to bring some water with you as well.
- Read the contract carefully. You will probably need to sign a waiver before you go parasailing, but the contract should give you your rights. You need to make sure you are familiar with them before you go.
If you follow these safety tips, you should be able to get the most out of your parasailing adventure.
Other Fun Activities in the Carolina Beach Area
Even though parasailing is an amazing adventure, you may be looking for other fun activities you can do once you are done.
Of course, you can always relax on the beach, but you should consider signing up for dolphin cruises or a fishing charter as well. There is a lot of wildlife to see during their getaway, so you may want to take a look at some other activities in the region after your parasailing adventures are done.
If you love to play golf, you may want to schedule a tee time at a golf course in the local area. The golf courses can fill up quickly, so you should make a reservation ahead of time. It is even busier during the summer, so try to book as early as possible.
Consider Going Parasailing on Your Beach Vacation
There is a lot to do in the Carolina Beach area, but if you are looking for something truly unique, consider going parasailing. This is an activity that a lot of people overlook when they visit, but it will give you an amazing view of the entire beach area. You can experience what sets this part of the coast apart, and you will have a new perspective on why the beach is so popular. Then, when you are done, take off your chute and consider renting a jet ski or kayak! There is always something fun to do, so get the most out of your beach vacation by taking a look at some of the best rentals in the local area. You will be glad that you signed up to go parasailing during your trip.