What a great couple of days! Topsail Realty Vacations had the distinct pleasure of being invited to an industry event put on by some great non-competing Vacation Rental Managment companies, dubbed “VR Exchange”.
The VR Exchange event has grown over the past few years when it was started by 7 companies that decided to get together once a year and take a deep dive into each other’s operations to share best practices, develop new skills, and just have some fun! This was the biggest year yet and was generously hosted by Oak Island Accommodations and put together by Melaney Robbins (who did a fantastic job)!
Over the course of a couple of days, about 80 of us went in depth on topics such as:
- Marketing & Web Design Best Practices
- Housekeeping Management and Processes
- Finding the right Talent for your Vacation Rental Management Business
- Guest Satisfaction
- Owner Relations, etc.
Companies in attendance this year were from all over. They included:
- Topsail Realty Vacations (North Carolina)
- Oak Island Accommodations (North Carolina)
- Taylor-Made Deep Creek Vacations (Maryland)
- Hatteras Realty by Wyndham Vacation Rentals (North Carolina)
- Brindley Beach Vacation & Sales (North Carolina)
- Atlantic Vacation Homes (Massachusets)
- Seaside Vacation Rentals (Maine)
- Finger Lakes Premier Properties (New York)
- Bluewater Real Estate (North Carolina)
- Dunes Realty (South Carolina)
In addition to all the great networking and information exchanges with colleagues, the VR Exchange also welcomed a fantastic couple of presentations by Doug Kennedy of the Kennedy Training Network and Amy Hinote from VRM Intel.
Our industry truly is one of the best for training and educating our own. With the wonderful conferences put on by the VRMA (Vacation Rental Management Association) each year, various road shows by VRM Intel, HomeAway Software, and others, and the VR Exchange, there really is no excuse not to pursue continued education in the vacation rental industry.
Already looking forward to next year!